After having my 3rd child by c-section 4 years ago. I now get either muscle spasms, cramps in my lower abdomin. Not sure what to call it, happens when I bend/lean over. Muscle get really hard and is painful. What could this be and why is this happening?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: See you doc

You need an exam and ultrasound, you may need a laparoscopy or robot you may have pelvic adhesions which can sometimes be fixed scarring may involve the uterus, muscles, abdominal wall bladder and or bowels, if your doc does not feel comfortable treating it , then u should be referred, the more csections u have the more chance of scar tissue, that is why I use seprafilm in my csections.

In brief: See you doc

Dr. Adam Levy