After having my 3rd child by c-section 4 years ago. I now get either muscle spasms, cramps in my lower abdomin. Not sure what to call it, happens when I bend/lean over. Muscle get really hard and is painful. What could this be and why is this happening?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Hard to say

It is hard to say what could be causing such specific spasms; pin-pointing the cause may be dependent on how long it has been since you had the c-section.
If the muscle tissue is still regrowing post=operation, there may be some irritation during contraction that is causing the spasm.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Jonathan Jassey