Diagnosed w migraines by neuro. Starts w/ tense neck/ trap muscles, eventually turns into pain around entire head. Vomit. Whatkind of migraine is ths?

Dr. Michael Stern
Dentistry

In brief: Perhaps not true mo.

This sounds like a muscle-related or cervicogenic headache.
I myself used to have them and i can assure you that the nausea can indeed come from a side effect of neck and shoulder muscles in spasm.

In brief: Perhaps not true mo.

In brief: Common migraine

We have learned over the years, that many migraineurs can experience neck pain associated with migraine headaches.
Your pattern fits "common migraine". But, you may have a trigger due to neck problems or even issues nearby, such as a cervical rib or thoracic outlet syndrome. Your neurologist can assist in seeking out provocateurs.

In brief: Common migraine

Dr. Vicken Poochikian