During c section, my uterus tore as dr was getting my son out. Had to get a blood transfusion. I am terrified to repeat c section. Dr said i'd be ok?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: It should be OK.

There are two types of c-sections: emergent/urgent ones and scheduled/prelabor ones.
The former are much higher risk and unpredictable than the latter. If your first one was unplanned, your second one should be planned, fast and efficient - and not as risky (in general). Good luck! p.S.: try to avoid more than two cesareans - get good contraception or have your tubes tied.

In brief: It should be OK.

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: That can happen

You have to trust your doctor, or see a diff doc for a second opinion as the 2nd doc can read the op note from the csection, your doc can do a repeat csection early anytime after 37 weeks after an amniocentesis has been done to check for fetal lung maturity , so the repeat csection is done before you go into labor, sometimes I do this with my patients for a variety of reasons.

In brief: That can happen

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey