Can vitamin d increase testosterone, if so how much do I need to take?

Dr. Gurney Pearsall
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Deficiency States

If your vitamin d levels are low, then it should be treated with vitamin d if your testosterone levels are low, then it should be treated with testosterone.
I can't think of any protocols that call for the reciprocal use of vitamin d for testoserone deficiencies and vice versa. In either case, the deficiency state must be confirmed by lab analysis.

In brief: Deficiency States

Dr. Gurney Pearsall
Dr. Gurney Pearsall
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Vit D and testostero

Vitamin d has many beneficial effects on the body, but it does not increase testosterone.

In brief: Vit D and testostero

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Robert Lang
It has been shown in several studies that overweight men are deficient in vitamin D and tend to have low testosterone. A study published this year (2011) in healthy overweight men on a weight loss program showed that supplementing the men with 3332 IU of vitamin D led to a significant increase in testosterone at the end of a year. The men given a placebo did not have an increase.
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine