What could be a reason for my splitting and throbbing headaches everyday?

Dr. Joseph Bouvier

In brief: Depends

There are many reasons why you could be getting headaches.
Stress, infection, trauma, family history, eye strain, jaw problems, foods, etc. Also, there are many types of headaches and equally as many ways to treat them. I would recommend that you be seen by your primary doctor for an evaluation and if needed, the pcp can refer to a headache specialist.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Dr. Joseph Bouvier

In brief: Also -...

In addition to the possible causes - eye strain is another leading cause of these kind of headaches.
Have your vision checked, and also try to note when they occur - what has preceded them - creating a diary sometimes helps identify the cause.

In brief: Also -...

Dr. David Schneider
Dr. David Schneider
David Escobar

In brief: Many causes

There are many causes of headaches, including muscle tension (particularly in the neck and shoulders) and eye strain.
Perhaps the most common cause of headaches is dehydration; try drinking plenty of water during the day to see if this helps. There are other more serious causes of chronic headaches; best to check in with your doc if this persists.

In brief: Many causes

David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
Dr. Adam Smith