How can you prevent ovarian cancer?

You can't completely. Risk factors for ovarian cancer include never having children, genetics (family history), and estrogen therapy. Though ovarian cancer cannot be completely prevented, you can decrease your risk by having children and avoiding estrogen therapy. If you know you have the brca mutation, which causes both breast and ovarian cancer, you can have your ovaries surgically removed to prevent ovarian cancer.
Several things. First, genetics...But unfortuntely there's nothing you can do about that. However, several lifestyle choices have been shown to be contributory: obesity and diets high in sugar and fats. Also, the longer your ovaries are "dormant", that is supressed with either birth control pills or pregnancy, the lower the chance of developing a cancer.