Do methylin and Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) work the same way?

Sorta. Methylin inhibits Dopamine & norepinephrine reuptake at the synapse (junction where neurons communicate with each other). Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) does the same, but also increases pre synaptic (inside the sending neuron) production of these two transmitters, thereby being "more powerful." amphetamines have a stronger effect on motivation and prefrontal cortex activity. Both are exceedingly safe and effective.
Adhd. Methylin belongs to methylphenidate (ritalin) group, while Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) belongs to amphetamine group of stimulants.
Similar - Different. Methylin and Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) work in a similar way. However, they are different medicines with different checmical structures.