Who should receive flu shots?

6 months and older. The annual influenza vaccine is currently recommended for all persons over 6 months old and in particular for those with chronic disease such as heart and lung disease. For more information, see my blog at: http://www. Familyallergyasthmacare. Com/2013/10/flu-shot-season/.
Everyone 6 mo and up. Everyone age 6 months and older should receive a flu vaccine. Children under age 9 who are receiving flu vaccine for the first time should have 2 doses a month apart. Those aged 2-49 years of age who have no chronic medical conditions may be eligible for the nasal version, Flu Mist.