Is vitamin d a type of macronutrient?

No. Macronutrients are carbohydrates (sugars and starches), lipids (fats) and proteins. Vitamin d is none of these; it's a compound found in a few foods, but mostly made in your skin when you are exposed to sufficient sunlight. Your body uses vitamin d in many ways. Macronutrient use by your body is somewhat simpler. Carbs are for fuel. Fats are for energy storage. Proteins are building blocks.
It is a hormone. Hormones are made by the body and usually circulate throughout the body. Although we consume some vitamin d in the diet we can also make it in our skin with sensible sun exposure. 10-15 min per day in the late spring/ summer/ early fall months of exposure of the arms and legs without sunscreen is enough to generate a reasonable amount of vitamin d.
NoNotMacronutrient. Vitamin d is not a macronutrient. All vitamins are organic compounds and vital nutrient that an organism require in limited amounts. If the organism or say human body can not synthesize the compound, it must be obtained through the food, for survival. Vitamin D is synthesized in our body by sun exposure,