Is biochemical hormone replacement therapy effective?

Bioidenticals. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (bhrt) has gained popularity as a strategy for keeping hormones balanced beyond the body's ability to supply us. Bioidentical hormones are different from synthetic hormones because they are derived from sources such as soy and yams, that are naturally occurring. These hormones have the same chemical structure as the hormones produces by our bodies.
Controversial. The are no good studies that show the benefit of bio-identical hormones. Hence it is not offered by all physicians.
Very effective. 40 years old, asked: Is biochemical hormone replacement therapy effective? The simple answer to your question is bio identical hormones can be very effective but there are different sources of your bio identical hormones. I am going to assume that your question is referring to Bioidentical hormones as opposed to biochemical hormones. Bio identical hormone replacement is generally thought of as replacing your sex hormones. The distinction needs to be made hormone replacement therapy generally refers to using synthetic hormones, which have been an associated with many problems. (see the women's health initiative study) Bioidentical hormones suggest that it has a very similar chemical structure to the hormones that are found in our bodies naturally. For a multiplicity of reasons the hormones that are found in your body naturally can become deficient. This leads to many common symptoms that most people are aware of such as night sweats, hot flashes, irritability, and painful menstruation just to mention a few. The goal in replacing the hormones that are deficient is to alleviate the symptoms associated with hormone deficiencies. The symptoms of hormone replacement are generally associated with estrogen, testosterone, DHEA, progesterone, and cortisol. The causes of the symptoms are more related to the relationship of these different hormones as opposed to an absolute amount of deficiency in particular hormones. To state this way your hormones want to be in balance, keeping a very similar relationship one to another. By the time one gets symptoms there's usually a significant imbalance in the amount of one hormone in relationship to the others. Getting good results with natural hormone therapy/Bioidentical hormones will have a lot to do with the fund of knowledge of the healthcare worker that you're working with. Trying to correct multiple symptoms on your own may lead to frustration and failure. In our practice we have over 18 years of experience working with natural hormone therapy. Will be happy to further discuss your issues with you in the concierge service. Go to: https://www.healthtap.com/dr-stevenfergusonmd.