What are the different stages of cervical cancer?

Stages I - IV. Stage i cervical cancer is when the tumor is confined within the uterus. Stage ii is when the cancer invades beyond the uterus, but not yet to the pelvic wall or the lower third of the vagina. Stage iii is when the tumor spreads to the wall of the pelvis or lower third of the vagina, or causes kidney problems. Stage IV is when the cancer invades the bladder, rectum, or extends outside the pelvis.
Stages I-IV. Stage i: limited to cervix and uterus stage ii: no spread to pelvic walls or lower vagina stage iii: spread to pelvic walls and/or lower vagina stage iv: spread to lymph nodes and/or more distant sites (bladder, rectum, lungs, liver) staging helps to guide treatment decisions/guidelines. There are subdivisions within each stage that further refine decision-making and prognoses.
4 stages. In general. There are 4 main stages in cancers. The higher the number, the more advanced the disease is with less of a complete and successful chance at a remission. Depending on the stage, the treatment options will differ.