Is it possible to prevent cardiovascular disease?

Probably. A proper diet and exercise will reduce the chances of cardiovascular disease. Your family history is an important factor.
Can lower your risk. A number of risk factors can increase the chances that you'll develop cardiovascular disease, like smoking, physical inactivity, high ldl-cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, family history of heart disease, and increasing age. You can lower your risk by not smoking, getting regular aerobic exercise, and keeping your weight, blood pressure and cholesterol in the normal ranges, .