I have pain on both sides of my belly button. It's only when I am stressed or eat too much. I have been to doctors, the ER and specialists. All tell me nothing is wrong. What's going on?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Maybe IBS

The differential diagnosis for your problem is broad, and lots of negative tests don't always add up to mean "nothing is wrong" but the likelihood is certainly high for you having irritable bowel syndrome (ibs).
When you refer to healthtap about ibs you will appreciate that it is a symptom complex often associated with abdominal pain at times of stress or with gut distension. Relief is available.

In brief: Maybe IBS

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine