I have ligament damage due to an untreated ankle fracture the bones have healed, will the ligaments heal or do I need surgery?

Maybe. But you need to have this checked out to see what damage has actually occurred and what can be done to heal ankle.Orthotics and supportive shoes are also important. Refrain from weightbearing activity.
See below. It is possible that the ligaments may heal, but support and physical therapy would be best to make sure thay heal properly.
? I would first get evaluated to see how much ligament damage you have. X-ray, MRI ..Ligaments can heal without surgery. If damage is too sever you may need surgery.
The same way . Your bones have healed the ligaments will heal. The question is how will they heal. We're they torn, did they get "shredded" and are they repairable on their own. You would know if you still have pain or if the ankle is unstable. If so you need to see the doc. If the ligaments are so damaged there are ways a doc can stabilize the bones and find ways to recreate the job of the ligaments.