My A1c is 6.5. Is that good enough. I want it to be lower to stop taking medicine. Now I take 1 metformin 500mg 1 day and next day have 2.5 mg onglyza (saxagliptin)?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Good control

Your A1c is very good and at goal.
At this level, your risk of getting diabetes complications is low. If you want to lower the amount of pills, try to lose weight if you are overweight or obese. Remain active as this makes your Insulin more sensitive. You should be taking metformin and Onglyza (saxagliptin) everyday instead of alternating every other day.

In brief: Good control

Your A1c is very good and at goal.
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Diabetes

Hga1c is in the optimal range on medications.
You may lower the dose of medications, it may not be a good idea to discontinue. Whatever you want to do consult your doctor.Congrats, so far you are doing good.

In brief: Diabetes

Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Arnon Rubin