I have numbness in my lower lip and chin on my right side. This developed two weeks after my wisdom teeth were removed. Will it go away?

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dentistry

In brief: Likely

You should speak to your dentist right away so that he/she knows and can follow your progress.
But in general, this can happen after removal of a lower wisdom tooth. In most cases it resolves on its own over time. In the more remote instance that it persists, other options may be available. Please call your dentist.

In brief: Likely

Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Depends

It is unusually to have numbness develop 2 weeks after wisdom teeth removal.
Consult your dentist so that you can be evaluated properly.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong

In brief: Hopefully

It sounds like your ia nerve was damaged.
Most of the time the feeling will return but it can be a slow process. It depends on the severity of the nerve injury. I would see the doc that did the extractions right away.

In brief: Hopefully

Dr. Michael Skidmore
Dr. Michael Skidmore