When I swallow, my throat and ears are sore. I have some phlem, a cough, and occassional headaches. Is this the flu?

Possibly. This may be the flu. It can also be any number of viral illnesses. If it continues seek the advice of you physician.
Unlikely. Sounds most like a cold or sinus infection. The flu, specifically influenza, has high fever, headache and body aches, and a severe cough. It is more like a pneumonia. There is a quick test for influenza that can be done by your physician. Influenza most commonly occurs between november and march.