I am a 42yr old man, 6ft 4 height 140kilo weight . Am currently takin 900mg of pregablin a day . My doc says that 600mg is the max daily but my point is due to my size I need a higher dose . Can I have a 2nd opinion pls?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Why are you taking?

It depends on why youa re taking it.
For diabetic neuropathy, post-herpetic neuralgia, and seizures the maximum is 600 mg. For fibromyalgia it is 450 mg. I understand your thoughts on a "higer" dose, but dosing is based on lean body mass (your bmi is 37.5).

In brief: Why are you taking?

It depends on why youa re taking it.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. William Newton
Pain Management

In brief: No support

There is no clinical evidence that a dose higher than 600mg total in a day with have any better clinical outcome.
I would not recommend going higher than 600mg per day. We do not know what higher doses will cause in terms of side effects or organ injury.

In brief: No support

Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton