Can tramadol cause severe headaches?

Headache w/ Pain Med. Unfortunately, almost all prescription pain medications come with the side-effect warning of "headache" -- including tramadol (ultram). Any severe headache that doesn't go away with stopping the medication needs to be evaluated, as headaches are caused by a variety of different conditions (including medications). Hope this helps!
Yes. A headache is a common side effect of tramadol. However, if the headache becomes so severe that it interrupts your daily living or isn’t going away, you should contact your doctor. .