Is getting a vaccination painful?

Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: Can be

The important thing to remember to lessen vaccination pain is to avoid tensing up or contracting the muscle where the injection is going .
I am a Pediatrician, and I find the best way to avoid painful responses to injections is simply to divert attention away from the needle, it is very useful!!

In brief: Can be

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: No, not really

Every day, hundreds of thousands of people get vaccinations to protect themselves and their family and community members from dreaded diseases such as measles, whooping cough, pneumonia, meningitis, etc.
.. Oral and nasal spray vaccines have no pain at all. Shots have a tiny bit of pain for a few seconds.

In brief: No, not really

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: I'm confused.

Says here you're 45 and you live in Palo Alto which is not exactly a Third World area.
Haven't YOU ever had a vaccination? If not, why not?

In brief: I'm confused.

Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher