Is getting a vaccination painful?

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
In brief: Can be
The important thing to remember to lessen vaccination pain is to avoid tensing up or contracting the muscle where the injection is going .
I am a Pediatrician, and I find the best way to avoid painful responses to injections is simply to divert attention away from the needle, it is very useful!!

In brief: Can be
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
In brief: No, not really
Every day, hundreds of thousands of people get vaccinations to protect themselves and their family and community members from dreaded diseases such as measles, whooping cough, pneumonia, meningitis, etc.
.. Oral and nasal spray vaccines have no pain at all. Shots have a tiny bit of pain for a few seconds.

In brief: No, not really
Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology
In brief: I'm confused.
Says here you're 45 and you live in Palo Alto which is not exactly a Third World area.
Haven't YOU ever had a vaccination? If not, why not?

In brief: I'm confused.
Dr. Mark Fisher
Dr. Mark Fisher