I have stabbing pains in my right chest and now just noticed for the first time it appears I now have some red spots on my right chest. They are tiny, so is it possible I have internal bleeding? Is it blood rising up to the last layer of skin? Also, what

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Shingles

If the red spots progress to a rash that is in a patch, or swath of skin that matches a dermatome you probably have shingles.
If you have other symptoms, like short of breath, fast heart rate, fever, nausea then you should head to urgent care. Shingles is sooooo painful, and you need to see your doc for meds and a shot.

In brief: Shingles

Dr. Shahid Rafique

In brief: Probably Shingles

You have not mentioned the duration and the description of the skin rash.
However the commonest cause of moderate to severe pain in the chest wall followed by blister like rashes is seen in shingles (herpes zoster). This condition should be aggressively treated with antiviral meds. Otherwise there is a high risk of chronic pain that can last for over a year! please see your physician asap.

In brief: Probably Shingles

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine