Receding gum line on a molar. I'm 22. Is there any treatment for this or do I need graft surgery ! Help?

answered:

Possible graft

Graft
Receding gums in young people generally means the gun is thin, the root too prominent, or there is an abbarant muscle pull . Make sure you aren't over scrubbing the area. As a periodontist, gum grafting is a common procedure I perform routinely. The earlier treated, the easier the procedure. It isn't a major surgery. Have a periodontist look at the tooth to see if you need one or not.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gums Graft Muscle Periodontics Gum disease Surgery

answered:

Receding Gums

Open-uri20120929-16097-1i3vaoc
There are several reasons that cause receding gums. One of the major reasons is gum disease. Another is agressive tooth brushing, forcing the gum down, creating deep grooves and exposing the roots. Some people can have strong muscular attachments on the gum that over time pull the gum off a tooth exposing the root. Find what is causing the problem. Graft surgery may be necessary to correct it.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Teeth brushing Gum disease Gums Graft Periodontics Surgery

Depends

Periodontist
The answer to this question depends on several factors. Is this the only place in your mouth this is happening? How severe is it? What is the etiology or what is causing this condition? Please seek the services of a competent periodontist. This is a dentist that specializes in the treatment of the periodontium or the tissues that hold the teeth in your mouth.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Teething Mouth Teeth Tissue Graft Periodontics Gum disease Surgery Gums

Personal evaluation

Call_dentist
As good as the internet is for researching information and this website with many excellent knowledgeable and highly competent doctors and dentists, it cannot replace a personal clinical evaluation and consultation. Find out what is causing the receding gum line and your options for prevention and treatment. Consult with a local Periodontist.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Consulting Dentistry Graft Gums Local Periodontics Prevention Surgery Gum disease

Treatment

Periodontal_disease
Have a periodontist take a look at that area. If you need treatment, that treatment is a soft tissue graft.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Graft Gums Periodontics Soft tissue graft Surgery Tissue Gum disease