If my biopsy came back with severe dysplasia level 3, does it mean that I have cervical cancer?

In brief: May not be

Type iii dysplasia means, 2/3 of the cells of the lining are abnormal.
Could be a carcinoma in situ ( means safe , cancer cells are not invading ) only your expert can answer after further tests, need close monitoring and treatment.

In brief: May not be

Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Pathology

In brief: Needs follow-up

For level 3 pap, you need to have a discussion with your doctor for follow-up testing, repeat pap, colposcopic examination and may be biopsy.
You may or may not have cervical cancer, but you need to get follow-up testing.

In brief: Needs follow-up

Dr. Joseph Woods
Usually this is called CIN III or High Grade Dysplasia, or Carcinoma in Situ. This most likely means that it has not penetrated the basement membrane, but must be removed, or it will ultimately spread. Biopsy should have removed it all but please follow-up with your doctor to be sure it is completely removed, and get your Pap smears regularly.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian