Severe pain from hip to knee in left leg?

Dr. William Newton
Pain Management

In brief: Bursitis?

This is a common pattern for a condition called trochanteric bursitis.
It could also be iliotibial band syndrome or possibly even a lumbar radiculopathy. Consider an evaluation by a physiatrist or orthopedist.

In brief: Bursitis?

Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: Correct!!!

You have hip pain trigger points in the muscles of the butt.
No ... It in not you hip joint proper and no it is not sciatica and no need to get an xray. Get to a massage person who will confirm and release the hip muscles. I do acupuncture and trigger points in the office because it is quicker. Do hip stretching ... Mandatory.

In brief: Correct!!!

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine