Will a ultrasound detect cirrhosis? The us said I have mild fatty liver with borderline heptomegly. My enzymes are good . Iron is a bit low

In brief: Possibly

Mild fatty liver with borderline hepatomegaly is a not infrequent finding on ultrasound and is not necessarily an indicator of cirrhosis or nash (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis).
In particular with normal liver enzymes, likelihood of mild fatty liver and borderline hepatomegaly being something concerning is very low. However, you should follow up with your doctor.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Marsha Davis