What is pseudo Parkinson's disease?

Dr. Joseph Roosth

In brief: Not Parkinson's

Parkinson's disease is a disorder of the brain characterized by slowness of movement, rigidity of muscles and is caused by a deficiency of Dopamine in the brain.
Many drugs such as the anti-psychotics can cause a parkinson's-like picture, as can some severe infections and metabolic disorders. I believe the term is more of a lay term than what is truly found in medical books.

In brief: Not Parkinson's

Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Parkinson symptoms

Parkinsonism symptoms caused by secondary factors especially drugs, post stroke etc & not responding to usual antipd medications.

In brief: Parkinson symptoms

Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda