Does Lexapro (escitalopram) & klonopin make depression / anxiety worse?

Lexapro/Klonopin. This combination can safely be used initially to combat anxiety in depression, as Klonopin is used for short period of time to calm anxiety until Lexapro (escitalopram) kicks in & starts working for depression & anxiety within 2-4 weeks.
Klonopin (clonazepam) may. Medications like Klonopin (clonazepam) depress brain function to some degree and may result in depression symptoms. They may be helpful for short-term treatment of some anxiety symptoms, but also may prevent you from learning better ways of coping with stress, so as to prevent anxiety.