Do bone marrow aspirations mean leukemia?

No. We do them for several reasons including evaluation for an abnormal cbc. Sometimes we are concerned about leukemia but the other reasons include the following: anemia, low platelets, staging of lymphoma, monitoring therapy. Hope this helps.
No. Blood cells are made in the bone marrow. An aspiration (and biopsy) is usually done to understand why there is a blood cell problem, or to stage a known cancer that can involve the marrow. Both benign conditions and malignancies can be diagnosed by this simple procedure.