Can I stop my meds early that i've been taking for anxiety / panic attacks?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Anxiety meds.

Please discuss with your physician first before stopping ongoing treatment.
Sometimes the sudden withdrawal symptoms are worse than the ones you were treated for.

In brief: Anxiety meds.

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Stop them?

Are they helping? Since I have no idea the meds you've been taking, if you were my patient, i would not want you to stop a med i prescribed without having a discussion about it first.
It is very common for a person to stop their meds because they feel better and do not think they any longer require the meds. Is it possible you're better because they help and staying on em is good idea?

In brief: Stop them?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. J.J. Rodos

In brief: No

Not sure what 'early' means.
There is a body of data that suggestes you be symptom free for 4-6 months before slow tapering of medications + support is provided. Otherwise, relapse is high.

In brief: No

Not sure what 'early' means.
Dr. J.J. Rodos
Dr. J.J. Rodos
Dr. Eric Weisman