Why do COPD patients crave chocolate?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Craving chocolate
Chocolate contains neurotransmitters like phenylethylamine.
This is the neurotransmitter that is very high when we are madly in love. Depression due to rejection( not correspondence from our love wishes) drops this levels causing depression. Unconsciously rejected lovers crave for chocolate. Also substances like theobromine and caffeine in chocolate are stimulants. Copders are not the only ones.

In brief: Craving chocolate
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Caffeine, steroids
I do not believe that the premise of your question is correct.
People with COPD taking steroids have a huge appetite. Some have mentioned caffeine in chocolate as a natural bronchodilator. This is a cute guess, but mostly unscientific. If it was the case, they would be drinking coffee all day long.

In brief: Caffeine, steroids
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem