Can I take retin-a while breastfeeding?

Retin-A. Safety unknown with lactation: inadequate literature available to assess risk; caution advised.
No. Although topical preparations of this medication are unlikely to be absorbed and pass to baby, the oral forms pass easily in breast milk. It is avoided during pregnancy due to an associated pattern of birth defects, and data suggest toxic effects on infants.
No. Vitamin a is toxic to the liver and is fat soluble vitamin so it can be passed to the baby through the milk. Why take a chance?
No. As of now there is no good data assessing the safety of taking Retin-A while breastfeeding. I could not recommend starting or continuing this medication while breastfeeding.