How should you treat a ganglion cyst on the bottom of the foot?

First, you need to. Make sure it is indeed a ganglion cyst. Have it examined. True cysts can be drained and possibly a cortisone injection placed in there to get it to go down and hopefully stay down. On the bottom of the foot there can be fibromas, another animal entirely. But get it checked out first to make sure the diagnosis is correct.
See your podiatrist. A ganlion cyst on the bottom of the foot is either coming from a tendon covering or sheath, or between the joints. This will usually need to aspirated (drained) first, and if unsuccesful, than surgical treatment will become necessary.
100% Sure it's a ganglion icyst? If not the contents of that cyst should be sent to pathology to make sure it's benign. Once confirmed you can have your podiatrist drain it. If it comes back you might want it surgically excised.