Is it safe to lose weight during pregnancy?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Focus on nutrition instead of the scale.
Are you eating a healthy diet and exercising daily? If so, the weight gain or loss is less important. Your baby appreciates your healthy lifestyle.You should not specifically diet or calorie restrict during pregnancy. You only need about 300 calories more per day during the third trimester of pregnancy.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Leon Katz
Bariatrics
In brief: Usually not
While I am not a gynecologist, generally it is advisedvdthat women gain weight during pregnancy.
Your gyn can tell you the correct amount of weight that is considered healthy to be gained. Keep in mind that a heavier women is likely to gain less weight during pregnancy, assuming she is careful not to over so it.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Leon Katz
Dr. Leon Katz
Dr. Jane Van Dis