How does chewing tobacco affect your teeth?

Several Ways. The most frequent effect is to stain the teeth. The nicotine and tars can make periodontal problems worse and advance more rapidly. They also are carcinogenic (cause cancer). When the wad is held in the mouth, the teeth may shift due to the mass of the wad producing an orthodontic effect on the teeth.
Agree but... The wad of tabacco may cause a force on the teeth that could cause movement, but i would be more worried about the destructive affect the tobacco is having on the gums and bone, destroying both to the extent that the teeth move because you are destroying the foundation that the teeth are embedded in.
Gum disease. Notice where you place the tobacco. You will notice your gums being slightly swolen, have a whitish wrinkled appearance. This is often referred to as leukoplakia which is often a precancerous condition. If it is doing this to your gums what is the overall affect on you. Not easy but for your own sake please try to quit.
Stains and ... . Stains them and is generally unhealthy for the mouth and the teeth.