Does "pregnant brain" exist?

Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Neurosurgery

In brief: Technically no

The term pregnant brain has been used to describe fogginess and forgetfulness during the pregnancy.
Recent studies have shown that mental capacity and memory are not impaired during pregnancy. However, you may have more distractions and stress around this time which could be a factor.

In brief: Technically no

Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Dr. M Gray-Swain

In brief: Maybe

Many pregnant women feel like their emotions, ability to concentrate, ability to prioritize and memory are all effected in pregnancy.
The hormonal changes in the brain during pregnancy are significant. I encouraged women to raise these concerns with their doctor at a routine visit. I encourage them to be specific in what seems different so we can determine if it normal or not.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. Jane Van Dis