Why do you think women give birth at home ?

Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Risky behavior

My wife's pregnancy with our son was textbook perfect until her water broke (in the hospital).
Then our son's fetal heart rate plummeted. He was born by emergency c section 5 minutes later and is now a cute, active and bright 4 year old. If we had been at home the delay would have resulted in severe brain damage. This could not have been predicted or prevented, which is why we have hospitals.

In brief: Risky behavior

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Mindset

Like those that chose to ride without a seat belt some folks are convinced that nothing bad can ever happen to them. Some midwives push the "you control everything" idea & set it up like a cocktail party.
Sad that the kid gets no vote in the matter. They think they can go to the hospital if things go bad, not realizing that the delay may put junior in a grave or a wheelchair.

In brief: Mindset