My dr told me that ovarian cancer is chronic and will probably keep coming back. Mine was stage 3c, and was surgically removed except for the lymph nodes. Cancer is now back in one lymph node after just five months post chemo. Is this true?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: I'm sorry, yes

What your doctor told you is true.
The fact that your ovarian cancer came back five months after chemo means you will need more treatment with different chemotherapy. And it also means your ovarian cancer will probably keep coming back. Don't lose hope. There are many new drugs being developed every day. Ask your doctor about clinical trials. Try http://www.Ovarian.Org. Good health to you!

In brief: I'm sorry, yes

What your doctor told you is true.
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. William A Biermann
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Possible

It is disturbing when ovarian cancer returns so quickly after chemotherapy.
The possibility of a cure and no further treatment is small. There are effective treatments but they are designed to control the disease. You might want to discuss the game plan in more detail with your oncologist i'm sorry to hear about your problem.

In brief: Possible

Dr. William A Biermann
Dr. William A Biermann
Dr. Jane Van Dis