Can teething cause a rash on my 9 month olds face and forehead?

Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Possibly

If your baby is constantly drooling the skin can become irritated and red around the mouth and chin.
If the child runs at it the irritation becomes more angry. Drooling is almost always associated with teething, rashes not always. Forehead rashes are not associated with teething and come from some other cause.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: No

The rash could be caused by a number of things but never teething.
Teething is a natural growth process and should not cause any type of symptom whatsoever. It could be an allergy to something or exposure to a virus. If your child is acting normal and not cranky, have fever, or in pain then i would see if it goes away on its own. If not then you may want to see the doctor for an evaluation.

In brief: No

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Shalabh Bansal

In brief: No

Teething is blamed for many things including fevers, congestion, etc.
.. I would agree that teething results in excessive saliva and drooling which can lead to rash around the lips but a rash on forehead and face unlikely. More likely a virus which will just run its course.

In brief: No

Dr. Shalabh Bansal
Dr. Shalabh Bansal
Dr. Jonathan Jassey