I woke up with elbow pain a month ago. It feels bruised but there is no mark. Seems to hurt more when straight, esp if i'm leaning on hand. What is it?

Dr. James Cunnar

In brief: Tennis elbow

Could be lateral epicondylitis or tennis elbow.
If appropriate ibuprofen, ice, wrapping and rest are the treatments of choice.

In brief: Tennis elbow

Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. James Cunnar
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Elbow pain

This is now one of the most common questions and complaints in american medicine today.
Tendonitis or bursitis caused by over use or repetitive motion by using our mouse and or typing on the key board all day long are the most likely cause of pain without any traumatic injury. Rest, making the opposite hand the 'mouse' hand on occasion and anti-inflammatory medication is all that my be needed.

In brief: Elbow pain

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine