Is chitosan a safe way to achieve weight reduction?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Jury still out.

There are more effective ways to lose weight than chitosan, like aerobic exercise and a good diet.
The studies that have been done on chitosan are varied and not all are of good caliber. Some show minimal weight loss, others don't. Be wary of most supplements you see in gnc and online drug stores. The industry isn't tightly regulated at all and contamination with other substances is possible.

In brief: Jury still out.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Laurence Green
Bariatrics

In brief: Not effective

Good studies have shown this not to be very effective in doing what people selling the product claim it will do.
I wound not waste my money.

In brief: Not effective

I wound not waste my money.
Dr. Laurence Green
Dr. Laurence Green
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine