What are the guidelines that qualify a patient for weight loss surgery?

BMI. Insurances typically follow nih guidelines: a bmi >40 or 35-40 with an underlying medical condition such as diabetes or hypertension. Most insurances also require involvement in a weight management program for 3-6 months, a psychological evaluation, and a history of being obese for 2-5 years. Insurance criteria do vary however. If a pt finances the procedure then bmi as low as 30 are considered.
<350 pounds. You need to reach 350 pounds if u are above that or you need to be 100 pounds overweight than your bmi if you have comorbidities that is affecting your health you might be a candidate too.
Obesity. Having a body mass index over 40 or over 35 with certain conditions. Google bmi to calculate yours.