Is the medfast weight loss program a healthy approach to dieting?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Another program

Weight loss program works provided it fits your personality and medical issues.
All weight loss program works to a certain extent but the ongoing lifestyle management and stress management is upto you.

In brief: Another program

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Scott Mitchell
Remember to keep that weight off it is essential to significantly increase your activity level. Nobody is going to diet forever and nobody should, so to lose weight and successfully keep it off you must increase your activity level and boost your baseline metabolism.
Dr. George Valdez

In brief: No

I'm sorry if i step on toes, but i've seen this program charge too much money for extremely inconsistent long term results, and a few times have seen dangerous issues overlooked in what is supposedly medically supervised program. I make no money from weight watchers, but I have seen them get the most consistent long term results.

In brief: No

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Linda Everett

In brief: Meal replacements

Medifast is a healthy approach to weight loss if you follow it as directed.
Studies show that people who use meal replacements are more successful at losing and maintaining weight loss. Having a "lean and green" meal plus 5 Medifast meals will give you all the nutrients you need.

In brief: Meal replacements

Dr. Linda Everett
Dr. Linda Everett
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine