What should I know if I am in remission from cancer and I want to get pregnant?

Make an appointment. Make sure you get in touch with your medical oncologist who can tell you about the risks and benefits of trying to get pregnant. They will provide you the most up-to-date information with conceiving a child.
Meet with oncologist. There are very different answers depending on the type of cancer. Cancers like breast or melanoma will be stimulated by the hormones of pregnancy. Some cancers have treatments that would be ok during pregnancy while others can spread through the placenta to the baby. Meeting with both your oncologist and your OB to discuss the risks to you and the pregnancy is important. Good luck.
Talk to your Onc. Many women have had baby's when in remission. Please talk to your medical oncologist before attempting to get pregnant. There are some issues you need to know.