What are the best and the most affordable plastic surgeons in the medical travel field?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Even the best....

Yes it is true that even the "best" plastic surgeons have complications.
However, they are usually around to manage and treat them. If you have complications and your surgeon is thousands of miles away, it may be very difficult to get treatment.

In brief: Even the best....

Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Beware

As a plastic surgeon in miami, florida, I am on the front line of surgical tourism. On multiple occasions I have had patients make appointments to see me to take care of their complication as they were getting off the plane back in the U.
S. There are many excellent surgeons in all countries, but it is much easier to fall into disreputable hands.

In brief: Beware

Dr. Darryl Blinski
My esteemed colleague Dr C is RIGHT! I see every 2 weeks a bad result from out of country surgeries especially the DR...
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Stay in US

Avoid costly complications and possible substandard care with overseas surgery.
Look in smaller markets and you will find affordable surgery in the us!

In brief: Stay in US

Dr. Jason Lichten
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Beware cheap surgery

I try to discourage my patients from price shopping for surgery.
While i understand that cost is a factor, i believe it is much more important that you find a surgeon who you trust and are comfortable with after meeting with them. I also believe that you should make sure the surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery and not some other "cosmetic" board that does not meet the same standards.

In brief: Beware cheap surgery