Is liothyronine used as a weight loss aid?

Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine

In brief: It should not be

It should not be used as a weight loss aid, but that does not mean that some people do not try to do so.
It is not advised. Taking unneeded thyroid hormone can be harmful and can promote osteoporosis as well as strain your heart. I believe in eating properly to lose weight. Check my webpage: drfairchild.Org for info on eating right.

In brief: It should not be

Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Helps but not safe

Better to have a complete thyroid panel first.
People will benefit from thyroid hormones to boost metabolism. There are natural ways to to boost thyroid by adding iodine supplements, gta forte by biotics which supplies thyroid glandular support. If you use levothyroxine you need a prescription by your doctor and need to monitor heart rate.

In brief: Helps but not safe

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine