Compare restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder (plmd)?

PLMD vs RLS. Rls happens in evenings and can cause sleep problems but plmd happens only in sleep. Both can cause less efficient sleep at time - not always.
PLMD RESTLESS LEG. Plmd is repetitive twitchings or kicking usually q 20 -40 sec. Of lower extremities during sleep which patients are unaware of.In RLS there is acreeping or crawling sensation when reclining, followed by kicking, streching the extremities, so sleep problem follows.