How do I find out the gender of my baby?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: US, amnio, wait+see
Gender can be determined in nearly all cases if amniotic fluid is sent for karyotype.
(in rare cases, blood from a pregnant woman might contaminate the specimen so her gender is given.) in many cases, genitals, especially of boys, can be visualized at the late first/early second trimester ultrasound if the fetus is in a good position for imaging. Some expectant couples wait to look at a newborn!

In brief: US, amnio, wait+see
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Erin Alward
In brief: Ultrasound/Delivery
Generally we can determine fetal sex on the anatomy ultrasound that is done around 18-20 weeks.
There are many different old wives tales to try to figure it out, however none of them have been proven to be accurate to my knowledge. Looking a delivery is always the most accurate.

In brief: Ultrasound/Delivery
Dr. Erin Alward
Dr. Erin Alward
Dr. Jonathan Jassey