Has science found that sleep apnea may cause depression?

Yes. Sleep apnea can cause symptoms of apparent clinical depression which may respond quickly to treatment of the sleep disorder. A knowledge of the intellectual and emotional impact of sleep apnea may be important in making a correct differential diagnosis.
Yes. Sleep apnea can contribute to the development of depression. The fragmented sleep and physiologic strain of apnea can promote depression.
Sleep apnea. The lack of adequate oxygen due to sleep apnea means that the brain isn't getting an essential ingredient to keep it performing at it's optimal level. This can cause depression.