I have pain in my foot. It feels like I am stepping on a stone.The pain is more towards the upper pad of the foot by thetoes? What should I do?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Neuroma

Would be my guess with the limited info provided.
This is a inflammed nerve between the metatarsal head region. Podiarist caan help you with that. You can try applying ice to the bottom of the foot.

In brief: Neuroma

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

In brief: Morton's Neuroma

Morton's neuroma is an injury to the nerve between the toes, which causes thickening and pain.
It commonly affects the nerve that travels between the third and fourth toes. Morton's neuroma is more common in women than in men.

In brief: Morton's Neuroma

Dr. Suzette Clements
Dr. Suzette Clements

In brief: Several causes

The location and type of pain could be stress fracture, neuroma, bursitis, capsulitis to name a few.
I would suggest you see your podiatrist for a proper diagnosis.

In brief: Several causes

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger

In brief: Several reasons

If there is a heavy callus or corn present, a wart, a foreign body reaction, metatarsalgia and neuromas( nerve problem) are a few possibilities.

In brief: Several reasons

Dr. Fred Birnbaum
Dr. Fred Birnbaum
Dr. Andrea Brand